Programs and Services

Select a type to filter.
Choose a category to filter
All research in the Northwest Territories (NWT) must be licensed.
Information for anyone researching, observing or handling wildlife in the NWT, including permits, forms and how to apply.
There are five types of caribou in the NWT. Risks and management considerations for each type are very different.
Information on the Ecosystem Classification Program, an ecologically-based landscape classification for environmental assessment.
Information on stewardship, protection and sustainable management of forest resources in the NWT.
NWT CIMP coordinates conducts and funds research and reporting about the environment in the NWT.
The audit is looking at the effectiveness of the NWT regulatory system.
Information on research in the NWT, including how to conduct research and share data.
Information about small mammals and hare cycles, surveys, protocols, agencies involved and how you can get involved.
A service to measure the volume of snow at the end of a season for flood monitoring, forest-fire prediction and research purposes.
Information about obligations under the Traditional Knowledge Policy and Implementation Framework.
Information about water stewardship, regulatory responsibilities,water monitoring and assessment, transboundary water agreements.