Submission standards for wildlife management and conservation
In this section
As per section 16 of the Wildlife Act, the Minister for the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (ENR), Government of the Northwest Territories is committed to implementing a process for receiving submissions from all interested persons and bodies in respect of the management and conservation of wildlife and habitat in the Northwest Territories, and making those submissions available for public review.
All interested persons and bodies may use this form to make submissions. ENR will review all submissions prior to posting them publicly. ENR reserves the right to not make a submission publicly available if the content is deemed inappropriate.
For clarity, submissions containing disagreements or criticisms of ENR are acceptable; however, ENR will not publish submissions that are deemed inappropriate because the content:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- contains advertising
- contains a solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
- is not relevant to the management and/or conservation of wildlife and habitat in the Northwest Territories
- contains sensitive information
The Government of the Northwest Territories will adhere to the following standards when implementing this policy:
- All persons and organizations are eligible to submit comments through an online webpage. In doing so, the submitters grant ENR the right to have their submissions made available to the public.
- In order to be publicly posted, submissions must be related to the management and conservation of wildlife and habitat in the Northwest Territories.
- The online “required fields” include: first name, last name and email address. Any person or body wanting to provide a submission for public review must complete these fields. The first name, last name, affiliation, phone, and email fields will not be published on the “View Submissions” page unless the submission itself includes such information.
- Persons wanting to make a submission may upload a file, or files, along with their comments in PNG, GIF, JPG, or JPEG format. PDF format documents cannot be uploaded for security reasons. Submitters can request a PDF document be included with their submission by sending the document to the contact information provided on the webpage. Size limit of the submission is 16 MB for the “Upload file(s)” portion and unlimited characters in the “Comments” portion.
- All submissions will be reviewed by ENR and may receive a direct response if appropriate. ENR staff may contact the submitter at any time regarding their submission.
- All persons will have the ability to confirm their information and comments before their final submission is made.
- All submissions will adhere to the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPP), which gives people a legal right to request information held by Northwest Territories public bodies as well as the right to request a correction to your personal information. The legislation also sets out when a public body may collect, use and disclose personal information. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose unless authorized or required by law.
The views contained in any submissions to this site represent the views of the submitter and are not those of the Government of the Northwest Territories.
The Government of Northwest Territories is indemnified from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content that has been submitted.