In this section
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources is looking for photos for the 2020 NWT Fishing Guide. Send us your best fish photos for a chance to win one of three great draw prizes, including a grand prize of fishing gear and fuel worth $2,000! Top photos will be featured in the guide.
To enter the contest, you must be 18 years or older and a resident of the Northwest Territories. Send an email with your original photo(s) to email@example.com before August 31, with your name, telephone number, email address and age. Specify the type of fish in your photo and where you caught it. Only fish caught in the NWT will be eligible for an entry to win a prize.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the contest prizes. You can submit as many photos as you want for a chance to be featured in the guide, but your name will only be entered into the draw once.
Contest entrants have a chance to win one of 3 prizes:
- 1st prize: fishing gear and fuel worth $2,000
- 2nd prize: fishing gear and fuel worth $1,200
- 3rd prize: fishing gear and fuel worth $800
Anyone who submits a photo will have their name entered into a draw, as long as the photo meets the eligibility criteria (see below). Winners will be selected randomly.
Winning a draw prize does not guarantee your photo will be included in the guide.
- All pictures must be of the highest quality possible (preferably 2 MB)
- Photos under 1 MB will automatically be rejected
- Formats accepted are .RAW .JPEG .TIFF. PNG (.RAW and JPEG preferred)
- The photos should feature fish:
- Hanging on the line
- On the floor of the boat
- On the ground
- Photos of individuals holding fish in their hands will not be accepted
By entering the contest:
- you agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of ENR, which are final, binding and conclusive
- you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry and any material submitted with your entry is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights to enter the contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your entry, and (iii) your entry does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by ENR
- you understand and agree that your entry will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by ENR as it deems appropriate
- you grant ENR the right to use your entry in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works from your entry without notification or compensation
- you agree that ENR shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the contest and failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification
- you release and forever discharge ENR and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any entry material in accordance with the rights granted in these official rules, or (iv) any breach of these official rules.
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the contest in a fashion not authorized by these official rules
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular
- your photo was altered by software to change the colours, size or other aspect of the fish
- your photo does not meet the photo requirements outlined above
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed or other illicit means
- your entry is not in compliance with these official rules
In addition, ENR reserves the right to refuse any entry for any other reason determined appropriate.