Buying a fishing licence online
All fishing licences are now processed through the secure NWT eServices portal.
If you have an existing fishing licence, please read and follow the process below to add the fishing licence to your NWT eServices account.
Create your NWT eServices and buy your fishing licence online.
Accessing NWT eServices
Providing secure access to online services offered by the Government of the Northwest Territories.
Option 1: Online banking
- If you use online banking with one of Canada’s major banks, you can use the same username and password you use with them to access the eServices Portal.
- The GNWT does not have access to any of your banking or personal information. For help with this login option, contact our help desk: 1-855-796-3385
Option 2: NTKey
- NTKey is a username and password to access GNWT online services. You will be asked to create a username, a password, and to provide information to help recover your password if you forget it.
- Click here for more information on NTKey.
The first time you log into the NWT eServices Portal:
- Enter a “Profile Display Name”. We recommend choosing your first and last name. If someone with the same name as you has already signed up, you may get an error message and must choose a different display name.
- Add your full name, email address, and optionally, your phone number. Any information provided when signing up for an account can be changed by signing in and clicking on “My Account” in the top right corner of the page.
Your account will expire if you do not use it at least once within two years. If your account expires, you will need to create a new account.
To sign out of your NWT eServices Account:
- Click “My Account”.
- Click “Sign out”.
To add a service to your account:
- Click on the drop-down box that says “Add a Service”.
- Select the service(s) you want to add by clicking “Add Service(s)”.
- Navigate to “My Services”.
- Click “Use Service”, which can be found in the bottom-right.
- You will then be able to access the service(s), such as “Apply for Full-time Student Financial Assistance”.
To unlink a service from your account:
- Navigate to the service and click the link that reads “Unlink Service”. This will remove it from your My Services page. This will not erase your information or stop your in-progress service with any GNWT departments.
To erase, amend, or request a copy of your information for a specific service, contact the GNWT department specified in the “Contact Us” box on the service page.
- To protect your personal information, the NWT eServices Portal follows territorial privacy legislation and includes industry-recognized security features.
- Your account information is not shared with anyone.
Reporting suspicious activity
- If you suspect that someone else has obtained your username, password or answers to recovery questions, you are responsible for deleting your account and creating a new one.
- You should also immediately contact us at 1-833-223-1133 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal information may be accessed by third party service providers who work with government department programs, but only if they require it to provide online services. These service providers are legally and contractually required to follow the same privacy practices as government departments. Personal information is stored and accessed only in Canada.
- Click here for more information about the GNWT’s Access to Information and Protection of Procedures (ATIPP).
If you have trouble getting a service on the NWT eServices Portal, first please make sure you’re using the latest version of a modern web browser. These browsers are:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Adding and removing services
- Updating your NWT eServices profile
- Signing-out of NWT eServices account
NT Key support
- Signing in or signing up with an NTKey
- Reporting a lost or stolen Username or Password;
- Signing in or signing up with an sign-in partner
- Viewing the sign-in partner page
- Being forwarded back to the NWT eServices Portal
- If you have questions about privacy, contact the Department that is responsible for the service (contact information can be found above).
- You can also contact the GNWT ATIPP office:
GNWT Access and Privacy Office
Policy and Planning Division, Department of Justice
Government of the Northwest Territories
4903 49th St, PO Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9 Canada