Resources - Impacts and Adaptations
In this section
More information on the Pan-Territorial Adaptation Strategy and Partnership is available on the partnership's website.
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) provides wildfire management throughout the Northwest Territories (NWT). For more information on the impacts of climate change on wildfire, and on programs of wildfire prevention and protection, such as the FireSmart program, please see Fire Operations.
The Arctic Council Sustainable Development Working Group, in conjunction with several partners, has developed Arctic Adaptation Exchange, which lists and maps adaptation projects taking place across the Arctic.
- Northwest Territories Geological Survey
- Permafrost 101 Video (NWTAC Ed Hoeve)
- Homeowner's Guide to Permafrost in the NWT
- CAN/CSA-S500-14 - Thermosyphon foundations for buildings in permafrost regions
- CAN/CSA-S501-14 - Moderating the effects of permafrost degradation on existing building foundations
- CAN/CSA-S502-14 - Managing changing snow load risks for buildings in Canada's North
- CAN/CSA-S503-15 - Community drainage system planning, design, and maintenance in northern communities.
- CAN/BNQ 2501-500 - Geotechnical Site Investigations for Building Foundations in Permafrost
- Adapting the Built Environment in a Changing Northern Climate
- Arctic Net - research into the impacts of climate change in the coastal Canadian Arctic
- Natural Resources Canada. The Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division (CCIAD)
- Northern Climate Exchange at Yukon College
- Nunavut Climate Change Centre
- Yukon Climate Change Secretariat
- Northwest Territories Association of Communities (NWTAC) Climate Change Adaptation
- Natural Resources Canada Adaptation Library