Apply to research, observe and handle wildlife in the NWT

Follow-up reporting

What is required?

A follow-up report is required once your activities are completed. Additional research permits will not be granted until ENR has received a report on activities and findings done under a previous permit.

What form do I use?

Use the Wildlife Research Permit Summary Report form for your findings.

Where do I send them?

Send your report to the Director, Wildlife Division, Environment and Natural Resources, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT  X1A 2L9. You can also submit by fax 1-867-873-9293 or email

  • Include a high quality digital image (JPEG at least 300 dpi).
  • Provide your contact information on each copy.
  • Any additional reports, maps, short result summaries and/or a list of conclusions are apprectiated.

As well, send a copy of any final reports, published papers or theses you produce. These documents will be placed in the ENR/Lands/ITI Resource Centre and made available to the public and other northern wildlife researchers.

Send copies of your summary and additional reports to the Regional Office that issued your permit and any contacts who requested it.

What happens to my report?

All wildlife reseach permits are complied in the Annual Wildlife Research Permits Summary Report