Apply for funding
In this section
One of the ways the NWT Cumulative Impact Monitoring Program (NWT CIMP) generates research and monitoring of cumulative impacts and environmental trends in the NWT is by providing funding through an annual request for proposals process for both Scientific projects and Traditional Knowledge projects to:
- NWT communities or groups
- Indigenous, federal and territorial government departments and agencies
- academic institutions and non-governmental organizations
Scientific proposals must address Blueprint priorities.
An initial call for Letters of Intent (LOI) occurs in the fall and funding decisions are made in the spring. It is a competitive process in which reviewers and the NWT CIMP Steering Committee make funding recommendations to the program.
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) recognizes that research, including fieldwork and various monitoring initiatives, have been and will continue to be impacted due to COVID-19. The GNWT, at the request of the Chief Public Health Officer, has taken steps to protect our communities and prevent the potential spread of the virus. This is our primary objective during this health emergency.
For this reason there have been some impacts to NWT CIMP and associated funding. Project applicants are required to read and acknowledge GNWT's Emerging Wisely - Continued Public Health Response to COVID-19 in the NWT. The proposal in its entirety must consider COVID-19.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit www.gov.nt.ca/covid-19.
- Letter of Intent Issued: September 24, 2020
- Letter of Intent Deadline: October 19, 2020
- Call for Proposals Issued: November 6, 2020 (successful LOI recipients only)
- Proposal Deadline: December 15, 2020
- Announcement of Project Funding: late April 2021