Apply for funding
One of the ways NWT CIMP generates research and monitoring of cumulative impacts and environmental trends in the NWT is by providing funding through an annual request for proposals process for both Scientific projects and Traditional Knowledge projects to:
- NWT communities or groups
- Indigenous, federal and territorial government departments and agencies
- academic institutions and non-governmental organizations
Scientific proposals must address Blueprint priorities.
An initial call for Letters of Intent (LOI) occurs in the fall and funding decisions are made in the spring. It is a competitive process in which reviewers and the NWT CIMP Steering Committee make funding recommendations to the program.
Key dates for 2020-2021 funding proposals
Key dates for NWT CIMP funding proposals will be announced in October 2019 following the government transition period.
- Letter of Intent Issued: October 29, 2019
- Letter of Intent Deadline: November 15, 2019
- Call for Proposals Issued: November 29, 2019 (successful LOI recipients only)
- Proposal Deadline: January 17, 2020
- Announcement of Project Funding: late April 2020