Apply for Community Harvesters Assistance Program

Do I qualify for harvesters and trappers assistance?

If you are a hunter or trapper in the Northwest Territories (NWT), you may be eligible for funding assistance.

The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) provides Local Wildlife Committees (LWC) and/or Renewable Resource Councils (RRCs) with annual funding assistance through the Community Harvesters Assistance Program (CHAP) for distribution to their respective memberships.

The purpose of this funding is to provide financial assistance to organizations recognized by the GNWT as representing the interests of hunters and trappers within a particular community.

These program funds assist in defraying a portion of capital and operating costs of harvesting activities. Funding is available for renewable resource harvesters for the purchase of small tools and related equipment required to store, process and preserve foods from community hunts or harvests.

LWCs and RRCs provide important insight, information and advice to governments on matters relating to wildlife management and conservation.

All recognized LWCs and RRCs are eligible to apply.