Search Google Appliance

Menu Search
Permits and licences

Fishing Licence

Hunting Licence

Permit to Burn

Permits to burn are free.

Permit to Cut Wood

Free wood cutting permits are required to harvest firewood in the NWT.

Timber Cutting Permits and Licences

If you are conducting timber operations and activities in the NWT, you need to follow all applicable federal and territorial legislation.

Pesticide Permit

A permit is required to use commercial pesticides anywhere in the NWT. 

Wildlife Observation Permit

You need a Wildlife Observation Permit if you plan to film, interact with, manipulate or undertake close observation of big game species in the Northwest Territories.

Wildlife Research Permit

You need a valid Wildlife Research Permit to study wildlife or wildlife habitat in the Northwest Territories (NWT). A permit is required to conduct a survey or census of wildlife or wildlife behaviour, administer drugs, collect or purchase specimens or carry out any scientific research relating to wildlife.