Apply for funding
One of the ways NWT CIMP generates research and monitoring of cumulative impacts and environmental trends in the NWT is by providing funding through an annual request for proposals process for both Scientific projects and Traditional Knowledge projects to:
- NWT communities or groups
- Aboriginal, federal and territorial government departments and agencies
- academic institutions and non-governmental organizations
Scientific proposals must address Blueprint priorities.
An initial call for Letters of Intent (LOI) occurs in the fall and funding decisions are made in the spring. It is a competitive process in which reviewers and the NWT CIMP Steering Committee make funding recommendations to the program.
Key dates for 2018-2019 funding proposals
- Letter of Intent Issued: September 15, 2017
- Letter of Intent Deadline: October 13, 2017 (now closed - please return next year!)
- Call for Proposals Issued: November 10, 2017 (successful LOI recipients only)
- Proposal Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Announcement of Project Funding: late April 2018