BioBlitz Canada 150 – NWT
Nature Selfie For Canada’s 150th
From July 28 – August 12, 2017 the Canadian Wildlife Federation, in partnership with Government of Northwest Territories, is hosting a series of BioBlitz events the NWT.
A BioBlitz is a period of time (usually 24 hours) when the general public is invited to work with scientists to identify as many species in the designated area as possible.
BioBlitz events are happening across Canada this summer. Be a part of this exciting happening and help Canadian scientists collect new data and document new species! Information collected will help inform choices on climate change, loss of biodiversity and other important phenomenon.
These discoveries will be showcased to the Canadian public, wildlife managers, conservation organizations, educational institutions and government agencies to shape conservation decisions and ensure wild species and spaces remain for generations to come.
BioBlitz Canada 150 is a free fun-filled family event, so invite your family members and friends to participate.
Schedule of 2017 BioBlitz Canada 150 – NWT events
- Tuktoyaktuk: Friday, July 28 - meet at The Point
- Inuvik: Sunday, July 30 - meet at ARI
- Norman Wells: Wednesday, August 2 - meet at the Norman Wells Historical Centre
- Fort Simpson: Wednesday, August 9 (Fungi special)
- Yellowknife: Thursday, August 10 to Saturday August 12 at the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre
For more information
Visit https://www.facebook.com/BioblitzCanada/ for a more detailed schedule
- Visit http://inaturalist.ca/observations to view species that have been identified so far across Canada.
- Visit http://bioblitzcanada.ca/ for information on BioBlitz Canada 150
- For more information on specific NWT events, please contact Runel_Jimenez@gov.nt.ca (867) 767-9232 ext. 53231
A Canada 150 Signature Project