In this section
The ENR-ITI-Lands Resource Centre is a specialized technical resource centre serving the needs of the staff of the Departments of Environment and Natural Resources, Industry, Tourism and Investment, and Lands. The centre primarily serves departmental staff, located throughout the Northwest Territories (NWT). It also can provide resources to other Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) staff and members of the public.
The Resource Centre is located in Yellowknife in the lower floor of the Scotia Centre at 5102 50th Avenue, Suite 600. We are open to staff and the public Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
The library collection contains approximately 22,000 print titles as well as video and CD materials, maps and aerial photographs.
The library also has online journals and more than 100 current and back-issue print journals.
When GNWT employees need a book or journal article that our library does not have, we can do an interlibrary loan (ILL). Books/documents are mailed in from the nearest possible library location.
We can track online journal articles or documents down and email them to you as soon as possible. We can also borrow books or obtain copies of journal articles from any library in the NWT, Canada or the world.
- Books/Reports generally take one to three weeks to arrive as they are sent by mail. Books must be returned to the Resource Centre by the due date. Renewals are not permitted.
- Journal articles take one to three days and are yours to keep.
Non-GNWT researchers, from either within or outside of the NWT, may also request library items. They must make ILL arrangements through their local or academic library.
We are happy to offer you a tour of the Resource Centre at your convenience.
Library tours cover:
- Services available through the library.
- Tips on how to effectively search the library catalogue.
- Books, reports, journals and other items in the library and how to find them.
- Online resources available through the library.
- Reference/research services.
Tours can be booked by email or by calling 867-767-9186 ext. 24180.
We accept donations of books or other library items related to our collection. We do look at the year and subject matter to consider its relevance.